Lunch & Breakfast
“I really appreciate the nutritious lunch program and daily salad bar offering at Beacon Academy. My son has tried some new vegetables and enjoys the lunches he gets at school!”
- Beacon Academy Parent
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, and sexual orientation. To file a complaint of discrimination, write the USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, or email at email@example.com. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877- 8339 or 800-845- 6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
To view last month's menu please click here.
Our mission is to provide Beacon Academy students with nutritious, quality meals at affordable prices.
If you have questions about our lunch or breakfast programs or to see if you qualify for free and reduced, please contact Carol Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every student must pre-order lunches for the following month.
- Parents will receive an e-mail once each month with the next month’s menu attached and a link to order through our website. The ordering process must be completed by the deadline date each month, so we have an accurate count for the caterer.
- By looking at the menu, choose which days your student would like to purchase one of the three meal options and order accordingly. Choices are: M (Meat – Hot Lunch), Alt (Alternate – Vegetarian Lunch), Sand (Sandwich)
- Repeat the ordering process for any additional Beacon students.
- Make note on your calendar or on a printed school menu so that you remember which hot meals you ordered.
At lunch, we also offer a variety of nutritious a-la-carte items that are reasonably priced, such as:
- Bottled water
- Juice boxes
- Granola Bars
- Cheese sticks
Lunch Price: $3.00 (includes a milk and a visit to the salad bar)
Salad Bar only: $1.65
Side Salad: $.50
Milk only: $.50
A-la-carte items: $.50
Extra entrée: $1.65
Breakfast is served every school day from 8:45-9:00 a.m. Students do not pre-order breakfast as we have plenty of items on hand. Students should come to the cafeteria immediately upon their arrival to school. If they come to school by car, please drop them off at 8:45 a.m. so that they have time to enjoy their breakfast.
It is a grab-n-go breakfast. Students have a choice each morning of a grain, a protein, a fruit, and get a juice box and a milk. We offer a variety of cereals, granola, bagels, muffins, or breakfast bread. We also offer yogurt, string cheese, and fruit.
Breakfast Price: $2.00
Kindergarten students eat free!
Families are required to pre-pay for meals by depositing funds into their meal account. If there are multiple students from one family, they draw from the same family meal account.
- To pay by check, write your child’s name and the word “lunch” in the memo of your check.
- To pay by cash, place cash in an envelope with the parent and child’s name on it and the amount you are enclosing. Envelope payments can be deposited in the black box labeled “Lunch Payments,” located in the front office.
To pay by credit card, use www.k12paymentcenter.com. You can establish a user name and login for this page and revisit it whenever your lunch money balance is low.
Special Dietary Lunches are available for students with special dietary needs. Feel free to check with Carol Fox at email@example.com for which meals are provided and how to qualify for those meals.
Beacon Academy provides breakfast and lunches that meet the MDE (Minnesota Department of Education) Nutrition requirements. See Lunch Ordering page for details on how to order your student’s lunches for the following month.
Beacon Academy participates in the SNF (School Nutrition Foundation) programs for free and reduced lunches. Families are encouraged to complete an application to see if they qualify. All information is kept confidential. Students who are approved for free/reduced meals and choose to bring a meal from home are not eligible for free milk on that day. Milk is only available at no charge if the student takes the meal provided by the school meal program. Currently, state funds allow those who are approved for either free or reduced school meals to receive school meals at no charge. State funds also allow for all participating kindergarten students to receive breakfasts at no charge.