Employment at Beacon Academy
Click on the links below to see details about the positions that are currently open.
Beacon Academy, a 12 year, well established Charter School is currently seeking a hard-working and passionate educator to join our team as a Special Education Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year.
3415 Louisiana Ave N
Crystal, MN 55427
Beacon Academy is a K-8th Grade Charter School
All full time employees are eligible for benefits
Compensation is based on education level and work experience
This position is Full Time – Monday thru Friday, 8:15 am-4:15 pm
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Special Education Teacher will be developed, supported, and guided by the School Director and Special Education Coordinator. The Special Education Teacher’s major responsibilities are:
Special Education Case Management—Assume responsibility for case compliance and student academic progress, write IEPs and consult with regular education teachers, keep IEPs updated with the achievement of goals and objectives, issue quarterly progress reports on IEP goals for students and families, schedule and coordinate annual IEP meetings, ensure all evaluation recommendations are followed up with and completed, consult with Special Education Coordinator as necessary to ensure compliance, provide individualized instruction based on needs of IEPs
Education, Training & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Special Education
Certificate & Licensure:
Appropriate Minnesota State Teacher License
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective teacher methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment for all students
- Strong classroom management skills and ability to defuse and resolve conflict with students, parents and co-workers by demonstrating poise, tact and diplomacy
- Computer competency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, e-mail and Internet
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Regular, prompt attendance is essential
- Proficient in completing required duties accurately and efficiently according to established timelines
- Ability to work cooperatively, collaboratively and effectively with all students, parents and staff in a team environment
- Perceptive and capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the school
Beacon Academy is a K-8 Charter School with approximately 600 students. Each Special Ed Case Manager has about a 10-12 student case load with support from an in house Special Education Coordinator as well as outside resources.
1. Qualified, passionate applicants should send their cover letter, resume and any letters of recommendation to Kimberly Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Applicant materials will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Beacon Academy is an equal opportunity employer